The members are advised in their own interest not to violate construction By-Laws as only the owner of the house is responsible for construction and not its Architect/Consultant or the building contractor.
- Do get the latest site plan of the plot before getting the building designed from your architect.
- Do follow sequence of action for construction of your building as under:-
- "A" Lease.
- Submission/Approval of building plan.
- Demarcation of plot.
- Do submit contour plan of the plot if level difference of more than 5 ft from the road level exists.
- Do observe the rules, regulations and instructions of the department for supervision of construction work.
- Do observe the rules, regulations and instructions of the department whose services are utilized i.e. KESC, PTCL, Sui Southern Gas etc.
- Do plan your building keeping in view of existing services at site.
- Do take all necessary precautions to respect the privacy of neighbours during construction.
- Do keep photocopy of all necessary document on site for necessary checking by DHA staff.
- Do obtain No Observation Certificate at various stages of construction works.
- Do fix water channel under the main gate to avoid flow of water onto the road.
- Do construct ramp as per specifications given in the construction By-Laws.
- Do obtain Completion Certificate after completion of building.
- Do get "B" Lease of your house registered after completion.
- Do not use plot for the purpose other than for which it has been allotted.
- Do not undertake construction work without obtaining demarcation certificate.
- Do not indulge in any violation of Construction By-Laws.
- Do not damage the property on neighbouring plots while carrying out excavation.
- Do not encroach upon the neighbour's land or the road while constructing boundary walls in chamfered portions in corner plots.
- Do not extend construction of building in compulsory open spaces (COS).
- Do not construct anything in COS like Servant Room, Bathroom for Servant, Car-porch with terrace and pergola, Spiral Stair, Air Raid Shelter/Basement etc.
- Do not construct sunshades in COS of your residential building beyond allowable limits.
- Do not construct any room over top of the third floor for commercial and over first floor for residential buildings.
- Do not construct guard/sentry post in COS bigger than 65 sq ft.
- Do not carry out road cutting with out obtaining permission from DHA.
- Do not install motor pump on the water supply line.
- Do not connect water without permission of DHA.
- Do not grow trees/vegetation so as to encroach/occupy the space outside your plot.
- Do not construct steps outside your plot.
- Do not construct sunshade/design additional to 2 feet allowable projection in commercial buildings.
- Do not construct any type of projections/flower bed on front boundary wall.
NOTES Fixing of
hoarding on building is not permitted.