The Surrender Deed is executed whenever a plot whose Lease has already been registered by the allottee/ transferee, subsequently desires to sub-divide the plot, or to gift away the plot in favour of his/her legal/natural heirs or to transfer the plot to any person registered with the Authority, in such cases the original Lease already registered will have to be surrendered before execution of a fresh Lease in the name of transferees.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SURRENDER DEED
For the purpose of Registration of Surrender Deed, the following formalities are required to be completed: -
- Application addressed to the Administrator, DHA from Allottee / Transferee requesting Registration of Surrender deed with fully elaborating the purpose of Surrender.
- National Identity Card (Two Photocopies) of owner and two photocopies of each witness (Photocopies of both sides of NIC of owner and witness should be on one page).
- No Demand Certificate from Account Branch for Surrender deed (Original)
- Certificate to the effect that the plot is open (Specimen attached).
- Sub Lease ‘A’ Original along-with one Photocopy.
- Two identical Affidavits for surrender on Rs. 20/- non-judicial Stamp Paper duly attested by Oath Commissioner (Specimen attached).
- Surrender deed Form duly affixed Special Adhesive Stamp from Central stamping office, City Court Karachi.
- One latest Passport size photograph (do not paste photograph).
- In case NOC for loan obtained from DHA, NOC / Redemption Deed from Bank/HBFC (Original).
IN CASE OF SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
Original Special Power of Attorney duly registered / attested by PAKISTAN EMBASSY if outside Pakistan, along-with on photocopy having Rs. 2/- Court Fee Stamp on it.
IN CASE OF GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
- Two photocopies of General Power of Attorney (GPA) duly Registered by a Sub-Registrar / Distt. Registrar or attested by PAKISTAN EMBASSY if outside Pakistan, having Rs. 2/- Court Fee Stamp on it.
- Photo copy of acceptance letter of GPA issued by DHA.
- Certificate to the effect that the execution of the power is alive duly attested by Oath Commissioner / Notary Public / Class - I Gazetted Officer.
- Registration of normal documents is carried out Tuesday & Thursday between 1100 Hours To 1300 Hours..
- At the time of Registration you must be in possession of your Original National Identity Card for Identification.
- You are required to bring cash amount of Rs.100/- being Registration fee of the document.
- You are required to bring Pay order amount of Rs.100/- in the name of Sub-Registrar-I Clifton Town, Karachi being Registration fee of the document.
To download these instructions and other specimen documents Click here